Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Venus Transit...of course

Some clouds but we were able to view most of the transit until sunset, about 2 hours. I also got the black drop effect and one vid with a plane crossing the sun. I setup the laptop and a 19" LCD to live view the transit through EOS Movie Record with a a Canon XS, that way we could all see it and I could record video and stack it later. The clouds came and went over and over, so I was having to change exposure and ISO constantly to see the Sun through the clouds. Some of the videos were over exposed as a result, but hey, whatchagonnado?
This is what it looked like 30 minutes before the transit started:

My Gear, notice there are no shadows....stupid clouds...

But I did end up with over 40 vids to process and some single frame shots. It has taken me all day jsut to stack 20 of them in Registax. The 2 below are single frames from videos that would not stack due to the clouds.
The famous "Black Drop" effect below.

No comments:

Post a Comment