Thursday, June 28, 2012

Moon and Saturn with Eyepiece Projection Experiment

Used the DSLR with Eyepiece Projection last night. 15mm EP, Tring Tadapter to camera. Recorded in EOS Movie Record at 5x, which is supposed to give 1-1 pixels. Seemed to work on the Moon but Saturn was very dim and soft. I think it was to much image scale for the scope/camera/seeing adn my lack of expierence at higher focal lengths.
According to Starzonia's webpage calculation this gives a focal length of 6667 and F27, a bit much! So I backed off and used Prime focus and EOS Mov Rec normal and at 5x for the Moon and Saturn, these came out much nicer than any of my previous attempts with the digital camera.
 I am looking forward to trying a 20mm EP tonight, which should yield around F18 adn 4375 FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment